Do you always have leftover coffee sitting within the coffee maker? 

Or, are you wish me who orders a grande ice coffee and somehow leaves it on my desk then I find it subsequent morning feeling guilty for wasting $6!?

Did you recognize you'll use your leftover coffee when watering your houseplants for extra nutrients? It’s True!




I started watering my houseplants with diluted leftover coffee last year and that they went from happy to completely thriving! 

I got the thought because i used to be interested by how the leftover coffee (and coffee grounds) were contributing to our compost heap within the backyard. I throw the maximum amount as possible in our prairie area and what doesn’t get eaten by the rabbits has helped with the expansion of wildflowers.



Anyways
I did some research and located that dregs and occasional are an excellent source of nitrogen for the soil. Nitrogen is vital for houseplants because it helps them produce more leaves & stronger stems. Coffee also contains calcium and magnesium which also are great for houseplants.

BOOM! coffee are often used as an all-natural fertilizer!

So, you'll be asking, does one just pour the coffee directly into your houseplants?

Nope! I dilute it and that i confirm it's at temperature .


My mixture is 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Leftover Coffee to 2 Cups Water

Coffee can be pretty acidic which may potentially be dangerous for your houseplants. The diluted coffee should be the colour of a weak or watered down ice tea . make certain to attend until the coffee has cooled in order that you are doing not burn & shock your houseplants. 

I water my plants with diluted coffee about once every 2 weeks and that they all seem very happy once I do! My Fiddle Leaf Fig has been growing lush new leaves like hell since I started the coffee watering regiment.

Have you given your houseplants coffee? Did you notice a difference?